Friday 28 March 2008

Introduction: Daniel seeks a safe environment for his young daughter, Lara, who had a bad experience with guns when she was younger. That is why he moved to a safer neighborhood and enrolled her in a private school. Near the beginning he gives Lara an invisible "cloak" that will protect her if someone try to shoot at her.

-How's it going?
-Okay
-You didn't get scared, did you? There's no monsters in the closet, right?
-There's no such thing as monsters
-Ah, that's a good thing
-I heard a bang
-Like a truck bang?
-Like a gun
-That's funny, 'cause we moved outta that bad neighborhood. And there's not too many guns around here.
-How far can bullets go?
-They go pretty far. But they usually get stuck in something and stop.
-What if they don't?
-You thinking about that bullet that came through your window?

-Yes
- You think we should move again?
-I like it here
-Me too. But if that bullet found out where we lived... Oh, hold on
-What?
-So stupid! How can I fotget this?
-What?
-Nah, you ain't gonna believe me.
-Tell me
-Okay. When I was five, this fairy came into my room one night. I told you, you weren't gonna believe me. Okay, go to sleep now
-No, tell me
-Okay. So this fairy comes into my room and I'm like, “Yeah, right, you're a fairy”. Anyway, we're talking. She's flying all around the room, knocking down all my posters.
-She was flying?
-She had these little wings. She could've glued 'em on. Like I'm gonna believe she's a fairy.So she said, “I'll prove it”. So she reaches into her backpack and she pulls out this invisible cloak. She ties it around my neck, and tells me it's impenetrable. You know what impenetrable means?
-No
-It means that nothing can go through it. She told me that if I wore it, nothing would hurt me.So I did. And my whole life, I never got shot, stabbed. I mean, how weird is that? I had to give it to my daughter on her fifth birthday. And I forgot.
-Can I touch it?
-Sure, go ahead.
-I don't feel it.
-Yeah It's pretty cool, huh? I can take it off and tie it around your shoulders. Unless you think it's stupid.
-Don't you need it?
-No, not anymore. So what do you think? You want it?

-Yes
-Okay, let's get outta here. Put your head up.
Is that too tight?
-No
-Do you feel anything at all?
-No
-Good. Then it's just right.
-Do I take it off when I have a bath?
-No, you leave it on all the time. Until you have a daughter. When she turns five, then you give it to her. Okay?
-Okay
-Good night, sweetie. Good night.










No comments: