Monday 17 March 2008

Speaking dialogue

Introduction: In this chapter, Farhad's suspicion of others is compounded by his difficulty in understanding English; he does not need Daniel's warning that his shop door needs replacing, he thinks that Daniel intends to cheat him.
-

Excuse me. Excuse me. Sir?
-You finished?

-I replaced the lock. The door is the real problem.
-You fix the lock?
-Nah, I replaced the lock. But you gotta fix that door.
-Just fix the lock!
-Sir,sir,sir. Listen to me. What you need is a new door
-I need new door?
-Yeah.
-Okay. How much?
-I don't... You have to call somebody that sells doors.
-You try to cheat me, right? You have a friend that fix door?
-I don't have a friend that fix doors, bro.
-Then go and fix the fucking lock, you cheater.
-You... You know what? Pay for the lock and I won't charge you for the time.
-You don't fix the lock! I pay! You think I'm stupid? You fix the fucking lock, you cheater!
-Stop calling me names.
-Then fix the fucking lock!
-I replaced the lock! You gotta fix the fucking door!
-You cheat! You fucking cheater!
-Fine. Don't pay.
-What?
-Have a good night.
-What? No. Wait! You come back here! You fix the lock! Come here! You fix my lock! Fix the fucking lock!



No comments: